1930s Kienzle German Art Deco Westminster Chime Mantel Clock EXC Serviced
Thanks for viewing this item. Please check the description below and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. In excellent cosmetic and operating condition. Has an 8-day pendulum regulated movement with 5-bar Westminster chimes. Movement has been cleaned, lubricated where appropriate, calibrated, and thoroughly tested.
The chimes on this clock are very deep, and the case design and mixed-wood construction amplify them and give them an amazing reverb quality. The chime sequence is slower than the normal US Westminster chimes, taking about twice as long to cycle through the chime and further adding to the stateliness of the chimes. The case is constructed of mixed woods, with both hard and soft woods present.
I can see oak, poplar, possibly mahogany, and pine or spruce on the back panel. The case retains its original finish, in excellent condition. The case has been thoroughly cleaned and coated with a coat of clear protective hard-drying sealing wax.
Has a bronze bezel that retains its original patina, its original glass, and a bronze chapter ring with Arabic numerals. 9" tall, 23" wide, and 5.5 deep with a 7-inch dial. Weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces. Comes with a winding key.
This clock has to be laid on a perfectly flat and level surface in order to run correctly. I don't declare items as gifts. Thank You for viewing this item.
I look forward to providing you with quality merchandise and a fun shopping experience. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Decorative Collectibles\Clocks\Desk, Mantel & Shelf Clocks". The seller is "jugunga" and is located in this country: US.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Shape: Streamlined Bauhaus
- Chime Sequence: Westminster 4 x 4
- Character: Art Deco
- Model: Unknown
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Germany
- Department: Adults
- Modified Item: No
- Custom Bundle: No
- Style: Art Deco
- Item Height: 9\
- Item Width: 5.5\
- Material: Glass, Wood
- Theme: Clocks
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Movement: 8-day mechanical with 5-bar Westminster Chime
- Pattern: Mixed woods
- Power Source: Wound Spring
- Type: Bauhaus Art Deco Mantel Clock
- Features: 8-Day, Chimes, Westminster Chimes
- Antique: Yes
- Color: Brown
- Year Manufactured: 1930
- Vintage: Yes
- Finish: Tiger Oak, Poplar with other woods.
- Item Length: 23\
- Frame Material: Wood
- Room: Any Room, Dining Room, Hallway, Home Office/Study, Living Room
- Signed: No
- Origin: Germany
- Item Weight: 8 pounds 12 ounces
- Engraved: No
- Brand: Kienzle
- Time Period Manufactured: 1920-1949
- Number Type: Arabic Numerals
- Era: Early 20th Century (1911-1940)
- Display Type: Analog
- Franchise: German Art Deco